Siblings hospitalised after consuming ‘stale’ sweets

Siblings hospitalised after consuming ‘stale’ sweets

Srinagar: A 6-year-old boy Yamin and his sister Fazila, 3, were hospitalised in Srinagar after the sweets they took turned them uneasy.
Ajaz Ahmed, father of Yamin and Fazila, told a local news agency that both his children felt uneasiness and started vomiting after consuming decomposed ‘Rasmalaie’ purchased from ‘Modern Sweets’ at Bemina here.
“We shifted them to SMHS hospital for treatment and lodged a formal complaint with Drugs and Food Control Department,” he said.
Confirming the incident, assistant commissioner Food Safety District Srinagar, Hilal Ahmed Mir, said, “On specific complaint that two children have fallen sick by consuming ‘Rasmalaie’ purchased from ‘Modern Sweets’ Bemina, a team of food safety officers under his supervision raided the said premises and seized whole stock.” He said the samples were lifted for analytical purpose. “The proprietor of the sweet shop disclosed that this product which was without any date of manufacture and expiry has been manufactured by M/S AAR GEE sweets located at Nai Sadak Kral Khud, Srinagar whose manufacturing unit was also instantly raid and same product was also found in his premises. The unit was also found in insanitary condition that was sealed and samples were lifted for analytical purpose,” Mir said.
“The general public is requested not to purchase any packaged food product which is without proper label declaration,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.