SRINAGAR: It’s wedding bells in Bollywood. After Preity Zinta, Urmila Matondkar, the diva of the 1990s got hitched on Thursday with her beau Mohsin Akhtar Mir in a quiet wedding ceremony.
Urmila issued a statement after her wedding which said, “We kept it an exclusive wedding with just family and friends at the celebration. Since our families wanted the wedding to be a low-key affair, we mutually decided to keep it private. We seek your blessings on embarking this new journey of our lives.”
But who is Mohsin Akhtar Mir
1. He was the second runner up of Times of India Mr India 2007 – the same year Freddy Daruwala was the first runner up and Kawaljit Anand Singh won.
2. He played a sex worker in the film It’s A Man’s World, his first lead role.
3. He left his house in Kashmir to become a model because his mother wanted to look for a girl for him when he turned 21. However, he didn’t want to get married at the time.
4. His second film was Mumbai Mast Kallander, which released in 2011. He starred alongside his brother.
5. He had a role in Luck By Chance – he was Kunal.
6. He was an in-house model for Manish Malhotra.
7. He has walked the ramp for designers like Taroon Kumar, Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phandis and Ranna Gill.
8. He seems to be around 32 or 33, making him approximately 10 years younger than Urmila.
9. He was part of this AR Rahman video.
Urmila Met Mohsin
Fashion designer Manish Malhotra, only one from B-town at the wedding, revealed where the lovely couple met for the first time.
“So happy for Urmila and Mir. They met at my niece’s wedding in 2014,” he said.
— Sonal Kalra (@sonalkalra) March 3, 2016