Ganderbal: Four residential houses were completely damaged on Wednesday in two fire incidents in central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district, officials said.
They said that the fire started from the house of Ghulam Rasool Rather in Wani Mohallah Kangan and within no time engulfed two neighbouring houses.
“The fire immediately spread to adjacent houses, completely destroying two houses belonging to Raja wife of Mohammad Ashraf Rather and Ghulam Mohammad Rather son of Gh Ahmad Rather,” an official said.
Witnesses said that five families were affected by the fire.
They said that the fire tenders from Ganderbal, Kangan, Lar and Gund fire stations immediately reached the spot and prevented it from spreading.
Police officials said that the cause of fire was said to be due to electric short circuit.
Meanwhile in Beehama Ganderbal, fire broke out in the two storey residential house of Ab Rashid Khan due to which one storey of the house was totally gutted.
Locals said that the fire emanated from the kitchen of the house due to the leakage of gas. Fire Service tenders immediately brought the fire under control.