Teenage girl succumbs to burn injuries

Gowhar Maqbool
Hajin: A teenage girl from Hajin area of north Kashmir’s Bandipora succumbed to her burn injuries on Tuesday.
The girl had received severe burn injuries after her clothes caught fire as she was firing a kerosene stove three days ago.
The deceased has been identified as Muhneez Mushtaq (18), daughter of Mushtaq Ahmad Parray , resident of Hajin Sonawari here in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district.
According to reports, the incident took place when Muhneez was preparing food in kitchen and oil spilled over from the stove onto her clothes.
Her clothes caught fire, burning her to a large extend. “She was alone at home,” locals said.
The neighbours rushed her to community health centre Hajin wherefrom she was referred to SKIMS Srinagar.
She breathed her last at 2 am on Tuesday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.