Pak flag hoisting: Court remands Asiya, associate to 3 days police remand

SRINAGAR: A local court here on Saturday remanded Dukhtaran-e-Millat chief Asiya Andrabi to three days police custody in connection with the case registered against her for allegedly hoisting Pakistani flag on the country’s Independence Day last month.
Asiya, who was arrested along with her personal secretary from Soura residence on Friday, was produced before court of City Munsiff who remanded her to 3 days police remand.
“A senior police officer claimed in an interview that Asiya Andrabi has not been arrested in any case but is in preventive custody but this claim proved false when the leader was produced before the court and her three days police remand was taken for her hoisting a Pakistani flag on 14th August,” said a spokesperson of the Dukhtaran-e-Millat in a statement.
The spokesperson quoting Asiya also ridiculed the claim of police that she was arrested while trying to break the cordon last night.
“Asiya Andrabi, who was produced before a court, said that the police claim is a white lie and the fact of the matter is that I was asleep when my door was knocked and taken was into custody,” the spokesperson said.
She said that the police was trying to justify the “illogical arrest by making false claims.”
“Before fabricating the story police officers should have kept in mind that I have a serious problem with both my knees and am hardly able to walk properly, which is known to everybody, not to talk of breaking the cordon and fleeing,” Asiya said as per the spokesperson.
The spokesperson said that Asiya was put under house arrest for many days and a large contingent of women police was in and outside the house.
Meanwhile, DeM has expressed sadness over the mysterious killings in north Kashmir. “The killing of a toddler is gruesome and a condemnable act and it is painful too,” the spokesperson said and appealed world human rights watchdogs to focus on Kashmir and stop “India from committing atrocities.”