Shutdown continues in Pulwama over Lashkar commander’s killing

Shutdown continues in Pulwama over Lashkar commander’s killing

Bilal Habib
Pulwama: Shutdown continued for the fourth consecutive day on Monday in parts of this south Kashmir district against the killing of a local militant commander by the government forces last week.
Witnesses told Kashmir Reader that all shops, private offices, business establishments remained closed in Kakpora, Pampore and other parts of the district against the killing of Talib Ahmad Shah, Lashkar-e-Toiba commander, who, police said was killed in a gunfight in Astan Mohalla locality of Kakpora on Thursday last.
CRPF troopers and police in full riot gear have been deployed to thwart any anti-India protests, they said.
Talib’s killing had triggered violent protests and clashes in Kakapora and other parts of the district, resulting in pellet injuries to at least ten youths. Two of them were critically injured after being hit by pellets fired by government forces.
Reports said that scores of people are visiting the residence of the slain commander to offer condolence to the family on his Chaharum (Fourth day of his death), witnesses added.
Meanwhile, a delegation of Muslim Deeni Mahaz visited the Kakapora area on Monday and expressed solidarity with the family of the slain commanders.
In a statement, a spokesman said that while addressing a gathering at Kakapora, the MDM leaders pledged to carry forward the mission of Kashmiri youth who have laid their lives for the long-pending issue.
“The sacrifices by the youth and their family members are the assets of Kashmir movement which not only have failed the nefarious designs of Indian agencies but will prove to be a defining tool in shaping the future of Kashmir,” an MDM leader Sajad Ayoubbi, according to the statement, said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.