Infant dies after fish slips into her mouth

Saharanpur (UP): An 11-month-old girl was choked to death today after a small fish that her mother was rubbing on her gums slipped into her mouth and blocked her windpipe.

The mother of the infant, identified as Saifi, was rubbing the fish on her gums under the fallacy that by doing so the child will get her teeth quickly, Additional Superintendent of Police (Rural) Jagdish Sharma said here.

She was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared her brought dead, the ASP added. (PTI)