Man electrocuted in Pattan

Baramulla: One person was electrocuted while he was repairing an electric wire in Khanpeth, Pattan are of Baramulla.
Ghulam Mohammad Wani son of Mohammad Ramzan was electrocuted and received serious burn injuries while repairing an electric wire at his home on Thursday afternoon.
He was shifted to SMHS hospital, Srinagar for treatment where he succumbed to his injuries.
Meanwhile, a PDD employee received serious burn injuries while he was repairing an electric wire in Deodragar village of Tangmarg.
Reports said that Bashir Ahmad Malla son of Ghulam Mohiuddin Malla of Nadirgund Khaipora was injured when he was repairing an electric wire in Deodragar village.
Allegedly, some employee on duty switched on the power supply while the lineman was on job to repair the electric wire.
The injured was immediately shifted to Sub-District Hospital Tangmarg where from doctors shifted him to SMHS Srinagar for further treatment.
Soon after the incident, hundreds of people from native village of Malla took into the streets and staged protests against the PDD.
The protestors demanded stern action against the “irresponsible” employees who switched on the power supply while Malla was repairing the damaged wire.
Assistant Executive Engineer at PDD subdivision Tangmarg, Ishfaq Ahmad tassured of strict action against the guilty.