CB initiates separate probe into CET-2009, ‘10, ‘11

Srinagar: The Crime Branch of Police on Tuesday announced it has started a separate probe into selection made by Board of Professional Entrance Examination in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
The decision, Crime Branch said, has been taking in deference to the February 3 directions by the division bench of the High Court comprising Justices Hasnain Massodi and Ali Mohammad Magrey.
“A separate probe has been initiated for the selection made under to the CET-2009, 2010 and 2011 (vide PV no. K7/2014). After the completion of the probe further action on the pattern of CET-2012 will be taken accordingly,” the Crime Branch said in the latest status reported filed before the High Court.
However, the Crime branch said the non-availability of call details prior to 2012 was a foregone thing as of now given the stand of the cell phone companies.
“In absence of such call details the possible headway would be hampered to a large extent. However all alternate efforts would be made to have a thorough probe completed expediently,” the Crime Branch said.
On February 3, the Division bench had observed that “the investigating agency is to realize that what has been unraveled till date may be the proverbial tip of the iceberg and it may have to extend its investigation to the academic years of 2011, 2010 and 2009 or even before, once it is done with the investigation relating to year 2012.”
Regarding 2012 BOPEE scam, the Crime Branch informed that it has arrested one of the absconding ‘brokers’ in the scam, Haroon Rashid Lone, on February 12. Besides, it said that a day earlier, on February 11, it also arrested father of a beneficiary student from Srinagar’s old town. He has been identified as Jan Mohammad Dar, son of Ghulam Qadir Dar of Kutub-Dinpora, Aali Kadal.
“Efforts are on to arrest other persons to be charge-sheeted by February 25,” the Crime Branch added.
Meanwhile, counsel for BOPEE, advocate G A Lone said that it has received a communication from Crime Branch regarding nine candidates.
“We will soon take a decision regarding them in light of the evidence provided by the Crime Branch,” he said.
On February 15, the BOPEE cancelled selection and admission of 12 candidates and same treatment is likely to be meted to the nine beneficiaries whose identity has been kept under wraps so far.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.