Batmaloo building catches fire

Batmaloo building catches fire
  • 1
    Share

Arif Rashid
SRINAGAR: A four-storey building was gutted in a blaze in Srinagar’s busy Batamaloo area on Sunday.
An eyewitness said that fire caught fourth floor of building which is adjacent to SDA owned Jhelum plaza near Kara Nagar crossing at Batamaloo.
“The cause of the fire is said to be leakage in cooking gas,” the eyewitness informed.
The building is jointly owned by Javid Hussain Khan and Altaf Hussain Khan.
Soon after fire caught the top floor of the building, fire tenders from nearby fire station reached the spot.
“Two top floors of the building were damaged in the blaze but there was no damage to any inhabitant,” the witness added.
Non- local tenants occupy the damaged building, he informed.
Javid Hussain Khan, owner of the building said “the top storey of the building has been completed damaged in the fire incident. The incident occurred at around 10 am.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.