Cordon and search operations in several villages yeid nothing

Cordon and search operations in several villages yeid nothing
  • 72

SRINAGAR: A cordon and search operations, launched after specific input about the presence of militants in several villages in frontier Kupwara district, failed to nab any militants.
Forces attempted a similar operation in Lassipora area of Pulwama, which lead to protests and clashes between forces and villagers. Similar operations in Hajin area of Bandipora district were also met with protests, while search operations in a village near Magam town in central Budgam district passed off incident free.
Acting on inputs about presence of several militants in the area, Indian Army, Central Reserve Police Force and the Special Operations Group of Jammu and Kashmir started the combing operation to nab militants, sources said. Forces conducted house to house searches in parts of Chopan Mohalla of Diver, Kanipora Kalaroos in Lolab and Muchbawan area of Hatmullah in the wee hours.
A local police officer said the operation was routine.
A three-hour long forces’ operation in Tantraypora area of Lassipora villages in Lassipora area of south Kashmir Pulwama district was called off at 2 p.m. “The cordon was laid following inputs regarding presence of militants in the area,” a senior police official said.
Dozens of villagers came out of their homes and threw stones at government forces soon after the operation started. Forces used tear some shells to disperse the villagers, and house to house searches continued despite the clashes. “The operation was called off at about 5:00 PM as contact could not be established with the militants,” the police official said.
Following the tip off about the presence of militants in the area, forces Cordoned off Banger Mohallah, Kochak Mohallah and Wahab Parray Mohallah of Hajin town. People came out of their houses to protest, and raised slogans against the forces.
The cordon and search operation (CASO) in Hanjibugh Magam area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district, soon after congregational prayers, passed off incident free. Forces, villagers said, conducted house to house searches before calling off the operation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.