Withdrawal of Indian troops precondition for dialogue: China on Dokalam

Withdrawal of Indian troops precondition for dialogue: China on Dokalam

BEIJING: China on Wednesday reiterated that no meaningful dialogue can be held with India until it “unconditionally” withdraws troops from the disputed Dokalam area and said Foreign Minister Wang Yi has authoritatively made Beijing’s position clear on the issue.
Wang, who is the first top Chinese leader to have commented so far on the Dokalam impasse, yesterday claimed that India “admitted” to entering Chinese territory. He said that India should “conscientiously withdraw” its troops from the area.
“The remarks of Foreign Minister Wang Yi are authoritative and has made our position clear. I don’t have anything to explain,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang told a media briefing.
Lu, however, declined to react to reports that both sides have deployed over 3,000 troops each at Dokalam, saying that the question should be referred to the Chinese Defence Ministry.
He once again said China will not hold any meaningful dialogue without Indian troops’ withdrawal.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.