Joint resistance aghast at NIA notices

Joint resistance aghast at NIA notices

‘Anyone called to Delhi for questioning should decline as there is threat of getting attacked, lynched’

SRINAGAR: The joint resistance leadership on Monday said issuing notices to prestigious educational and social institutions like Anjuman Nusrat-ul-Islam and Auqaf Jamia Masjid by NIA is “ridiculous and completely unacceptable”.
It said these organisations are targetted and harassed “for political reasons of intimidation” and the repurcussions of these “vengeful and arm twisting” moves by government and its bearing on the situation in Kashmir will lie completely on those implementing these “dirty ploys”.
In a statement, the leadership comprising Syed Ali Geelani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, and Muhammad Yasin Malik, said after arbitrarily raiding the houses of leaders, party activists, and workers associated with Hurriyat and some traders, by NIA, the arbitrary notices were sent to even family members and relatives of leaders.
“And now, notices are being issued to prestigious and esteemed educational and social institutions like Anjuman Nusrat-ul-Islam and Auqaf Jamia Masjid associated with the leadership,” they said.
“What is a matter of great concern to us is that all the notices served by NIA for so-called questioning of the concerned ask them to come to New Delhi. This questioning business can be done here in Srinagar at their regional office. The kind of hostile and anti-Kashmir sentiment and hatred created by the government throughout India through its viscous and jingoistic electronic media poses a serious life threat to those who are served the notices and asked to come to New Delhi,” they said.
They said the fear of being physically harmed or even lynched is very real in such circumstances and as such the leadership is “seriously thinking” that anyone who is served the notice by NIA for the “so-called investigation” should not go to New Delhi.
“If it has to be done by the agency, it should be conducted in Srinagar,” they said and warned the government that the security of these people is their responsibility and if anyone among them is harmed, the government will be solely responsible for it.
The leadership said so far NIA team has failed to prove any evidence against the pro-freedom leaders despite raids and quizzing. “Basically this ploy is part of the greater plan conceived in the power corridors of New Delhi at the onset of year 2017. The plan is a multi pronged strategy which includes increase in military repression especially targeting of the youth, involving and implicating the valley’s pro-freedom leadership in false cases, re-opening previous cases against them, identifying and intimidating writers, intellectuals, civil society members, and business community for their association with the people’s movement and giving voice to the extreme oppression happening here and economic strangulation of the people.”
Geelani, Mirwaiz, and Malik said the Government of India has completely failed to “crush the genuine sentiment” in Kashmir despite leaving no stone unturned to do so.
They said for 70 years, Delhi has not succeeded a bit in changing the basic disputed nature of Kashmir and that people of Kashmir continue to remain committed to ongoing movement which is “based on truth and sacrifices”.
“The latest NIA crackdown too is destined to taste defeat,” the leadership asserted.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.