India, Pakistan army commanders talk on hotline

India, Pakistan army commanders talk on hotline

Srinagar: Local commanders of the Indian and Pakistan armies made hotline contact late last night in the Rawalakot-Poonch sector along the Line of Control (LoC) in the wake of Indian allegations that Pakistani troops had killed and mutilated the bodies of two Indian soldiers.
“The Pakistani local commander told his Indian counterpart that there had been no ceasefire violation or crossing of the LoC by Pakistani troops from the Pakistan side of the border nor mutilation of the bodies of Indian soldiers,” DawnNews reported quoting a statement by the Pak Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR).
“Indian authorities were (also) told that there is unnecessary media hype following the allegations, and that Pakistan remains fully committed to maintain peace and tranquillity along the LoC and expects the same from the [India] side,” the ISPR statement added.
ISPR said the Pakistani commander expressed hope that prudence would be exercised across the divide and no steps taken that may affect peace along the LoC and lead to vitiating of the environment.
A routine director generals military operations (DGMO) level hotline is also likely today, the ISPR said.
On Monday, the Indian army had alleged that Pakistani forces fired rockets and mortar bombs at two Indian posts across the LoC and mutilated the bodies of two of her soldiers in the patrol.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.