Srinagar: At least three residential structures were gutted in massive fire that erupted in Anchar locality of Soura, Srinagar on Friday.
As per the witnesses, fire emanated from second floor of one of the three damaged structures that later spread over and engulfed two more structures within next few minutes.
The intensity of fire was so high that the men of fire and emergency service had to battle the flames for several hours for which four fire tenders were put in service.
Short circuit, as per the locals, is believed to be the cause of fire that left the property of around Rs 20 lakh completely damaged.
“We had recently married our three male members including me and all our goods like jewelry items, copper utensils worth Rs lakhs were completely damaged. The fire wrecked havoc as such, we didn’t even find any signs of all these items,” Farooq Ahmad, a fire victim said.
The victim family that suffered highest damages due to fire comprised three orphans. They had recently tied knot and spent their entire savings. “We even don’t have any alternative place to live in. We just have to clean and rebuild the damaged structure to make it suitable for living without caring about hardships because lack of financial resources or chilly nights,” Farooq said.