No inquiry into Pazalpora explosion

No inquiry into Pazalpora explosion

Mysterious blast near army camp ripped apart schoolboy’s body and future
Sopore: No inquiry has been conducted in the mysterious explosion at Pazalpora in north Kashmir’s Sopore town that left four teenagers critically wounded. The boys have been left at the mercy of circumstances as they plunge into the world of disabled youngsters.
One among the injured boys Sahil Rashid Lone (14) son of Abdul Rashid Lone has been twice operated upon at Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences in Srinagar.
Villagers say that Pazalpora, a village of nearly 30 residents is always under the gaze of an army camp, established in the area in 2009. The camp is situated at a vintage location and has become a constant threat to the free movement of the villagers. The camp is in the vicinity of all places required by the community including the playground, Eidgah, high School, middle school, panchayat house and the grazing ground.
Sahil Rashid had just passed 8th standard examination and was happy to join the high school in the area but this tragic episode left him handicapped for his whole life. Sahil spends his day and nights on the single wooden bed in the corner of a room in his house. His left arm has been amputated and portion of his intestines perforated by the shrapnel have been removed.
Fragile Rashid is spoon-fed by his elder sister as he is unable take meals at his own.
“It was Sunday morning when I took Sahil along to the field closer to the army camp to unleash our cattle for grazing. On our return, Sahil met his friends and went with them to play cricket,” said Abdul Rashid.
“I had barely reached my home when there was a deafening sound of a blast. I heard people crying that my son has been killed in an explosion,” he recounted.
Sahil was badly injured. His left arm and abdomen were ripped apart, he said. “We took him to the Sopore Sub-district hospital from where he was shifted to Soura where he battled for life for several weeks,” he said.
“The left was ripped apart. There were two bones hanging with his shoulder, which were cut and later buried it the graveyard. Sahil remained in coma for four days and underwent surgeries for the next 15 days,” his uncle Ghulam Nabi Lone told Kashmir Reader.
“Nobody from the government or any agency came to our help. This tragic accident broke us financially as well as mentally,” he said.
We have lodged an FIR but to no avail. “We want to know as to how the blast occurred and who left the explosive there,” Rashid added.
“I don’t know what happened with me. I only remember a huge sound of explosion and I fell down. I regained some conscience nd walked towards a stream near the army camp. There I found that I am carrying only half of my left arm drenched in blood. I fell on the ground. My elder cousin came from a distance to lift me on his shoulder. The army men started abusing him but he didn’t listen to them and carried me to the village,” Sahil said.
Sahil stammers while talking but his parents were sure that the handicap would go when he would study and grow in age. But now they are worried about his future though Sahil himself puts up a brave face. “Whatever is written in my fate, I will face it,” he said.
“Forget about the investigation, nobody came forward to help us. We are poor and have been the worst sufferers,” Rashid who is a labourerand feeds a family of six members including Sahil’s three siblings.

Like it ! Share it .....

Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.