New Delhi: The National Investigative Agency (NIA) will soon file a closure report in connection with a case relating to the two youth from Pakistan administered Kashmir (PaK), who were suspected to have helped the militants carry out the deadly attack on an army camp in Jammu and Kashmir’s Uri sector last year, reports said on Sunday.
Faisal Hussain Awan and Ahsan Khursheed will be sent back as the charges framed against them could not be substantiated, reports quoting sources said.
The two men were arrested on September 21 last year, three days after the attack that killed 19 Indian soldiers.
They will be returned as part of a goodwill arrangement between New Delhi and Islamabad wherein Indian soldier Chandu Chavan was sent back by Pakistan last month.
The investigative agency has decided to file closure report after it did not find the any evidence against the two.
However, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), reportedly, will decide the modalities of their return to PaK.
According to the NIA statement of September 27, 2016, Awan and Khursheed had during their interrogation, “disclosed that they were tasked by Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) commanders to facilitate the infiltration of a group of four JeM cadres who carried out the Uri Army camp attack”.