Kashmiri man convicted, 2 others acquitted in Delhi blast case

Kashmiri man convicted, 2 others acquitted in Delhi blast case

Having already spent 12 years in jail, Dar will walk free
New Delhi: A Kashmiri man, Tariq Ahmad Dar, was convicted of October 29, 2005 blast in a Delhi market and sentenced to 10 years in jail, while two other accused, Mohammed Rafiq Shah and Mohammed Hussain Fazili, were acquitted.
However, Dar will walk free because he has already spent 12 years in jail. The maximum sentence under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, under which he was charged, is a decade in jail.
As many as 60 people were killed and 200 others injured in the blast that occurred at crowded Sarojini Nagar market.
Dar was working as the sales representative of a multinational firm when he was arrested by Delhi Police’s special cell from Kashmir on November 10, 2005. A father of two girls, Dar lives in Solina in Srinagar and was returning from work to his pregnant wife when four men in civilian clothes stopped his and whisked him away before formally arresting him.
Delhi Police accused the BSc graduate of serving as the spokesperson, finance manager and conspirator of Lashkar-e-Taiba.
Shah, an MA student at Kashmir University, was also arrested from Srinagar on November 22.
The third accused, Mohammed Husain Fazili, worked as a shawl vendor in Srinagar before he was accused of terror activities. Police had claimed that he served as the link between his co-accused, Dar and Shah.
The first blast took place at Paharganj, near the New Delhi railway station at around 5.38pm on October 29, 2005. Police later said the bomb was planted on a two-wheeler parked outside a chemist’s shop.
The second explosion blew up a bus in south Delhi’s Govindpuri area, injuring several passengers. The passengers travelling in the bus later recalled a man boarding the bus carrying a bag and refusing to buy a ticket. He then got off quickly, leaving behind the bag.
The alert driver and conductor asked the passengers to disembark. The conductor took hold of the bag and threw it out when the bomb in it exploded. The driver and conductor were among the few people injured.
The third explosion at 6.05pm tore through the rush-hour evening crowd at south Delhi’s Sarojini Nagar market and caused maximum casualties. Police said the explosive device was placed in a Maruti van near a vendor using a gas cylinder, which also exploded. At least 45 people were killed.

Like it ! Share it .....

Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.