Govt submits Tengpora youth’s postmortem report before SC

Govt submits Tengpora youth’s postmortem report before SC

SRINAGAR: The state government on Monday submitted before the Supreme Court the postmortem report of Shabir Ahmad Mir, whose body was exhumed on August 18 and an autopsy conducted last month.
The postmortem report as well as a report about the status of the investigation into the killing of Shabir was submitted in a sealed cover before a bench comprising Justices Pinaki Chandra Ghose and Amitava Roy, a lawyer associated with the case told Kashmir Reader.
The bench said it will go through the reports and posted the case for next hearing on November 23, the lawyer informed.
In an application before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Srinagar, Shabir’s father, Abdul Rehman Mir, had alleged that DySP Yasir Qadri shot dead his 26-year-old son on July 10.
While government has hired services of Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi and Tushar Mehta, Additional Solicitor General, in the case, no top lawyer from Kashmir appeared before the apex court at Monday’s hearing.
The exhumation for purpose of an autopsy was ordered by the district magistrate Srinagar and it was allowed by the Supreme Court on August 8, with the direction that it should be supervised by the principal district and session judge Srinagar.
The SC bench had earlier stayed contempt proceedings initiated against Senior Superintendent of Police Srinagar and Inspector General of Police Kashmir Range for not lodging an FIR against the DySP and his team.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.