Three sisters electrocuted, two of family serious in Rajouri

Jammu: Three minor sisters were electrocuted and their parents seriously injured after they came into contact with a portable electric water heater at their residence in Rajouri district of Jammu region, police said on Monday.
Ashima (4), Uzma (11) and Ashna (6) were electrocuted at their residence in Budhal area of the Rajouri district yesterday, police said.
Their father, Mohammad Farooq, had dipped a portable electric water heater inside a metallic container to take bath.
While the youngest sister was electrocuted after she came into contact with the bucket, the other two sisters rushed to her rescue and also died in the process.
Their parents received burn injuries due to electric shocks while trying to save their daughters, they said.
The minors and their parents were rushed to a district hospital in Rajouri, where Ashima was declared brought dead by doctors, they said.
Uzma succumbed to her injuries while being shifted to Government Medical College (GMC) hospital, Jammu, and Ashna died from injuries at GMC, they said.
Their parents – Mohammad Farooq and Dil Firoze – are undergoing treatment at GMC hospital.
Police have registered a case and started investigation, they added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.